25 September 2007

The next best thing to Europe by Eurail

After typing out my debit number a dozen times and having an angry conversation with a representative at the Slovakian headquarters of SkyEurope this afternoon, it's done. I have booked all of the travel arrangements for my study tour!

Sunday, October 14 - Wednesday, October 17: Berlin, Germany
Wednesday, October 17 - Saturday, October 20: Poznan, Poland
Saturday, October 20: One night in Copenhagen
Sunday, October 21 - Wednesday, October 24: Paris, France
Wednesday, October 24 - Saturday, October 27: London, England
Saturday, October 27 - Monday, October 29: Edinburgh, Scotland
Monday, October 29 - Friday, November 2: Prague, Czech Republic

I'll also be spending this weekend in Amsterdam with my divine friend Caitlin, who is studying in Paris for the semester.

Aside from the obvious sites, any suggestions of things I should visit in each city?

3 comments:

A said...

Berlin is amazing. I was there this summer. Definitely check out the Jewish Museum and Hackescher Markt (fun area in old east berlin). And eat a lot of sausage, because its amazing there.

In Prague, go to the Charles Bridge at night. The view is like nothing you will ever see anywhere else.

Anonymous said...

Maybe this is a lowbrow suggestion, but try to hit up the Piemaker in Edinburgh. It's right off of the Royal Mile, and it's a little shop where you can get filo dough filled with pretty much anything for 2 quid. Delicious and budget-conscious... I wish I had more specific directions.

Lewis said...

my aunt! she lives in london